Curriculum Vitae for Øyvind Røtvold
Passionate software developer with a focus on simple, effective
solutions. Creative, with a hunch for surprising and original
Narvik college of engineering, electronics.
Narvik college of engineering, Microprocessors and Computer science.
Postgraduate Diploma from University of Strathclyde/Buskerud University College.
Army service with the army signal corps.
Project Engineer and Senior Systems Engineer at the
Development Department of Kongsberg Defence Systems and its
Software development, mainly infrastructure and 2-D graphics.
General software design, code, test and integration in the
- Mid-life update for the Norwegian frigates, 1986-1992
- Mid-life update for the Norwegian FPBs, 1988-1990
- The IDA controllable mine field project for Norway, 1990-1992
- Internal project introducing COTS development tools and platforms, 1992-1996.
- Awacs for NATO, upgrade, 1997-1999.
- Air defence system for Norway, Greece, Spain, Turkey, USA, Poland, Finland, Chile (and counting:-) 1985-2012
I am the leading developer and maintainer of several products used
internally, and as part of the products of my department:
My main task currently is the development of the software product
"InterCOM", A Data distribution service for real time systems.
is a data centric distribution service based on DDS, an
- geo (?!), 2D geographic situation agent for Command and control systems.
geo is a highly effective 2D display agent that provides an
operator with a real time display of system object over a map
background. Now defunct.
- Swbus/Compas, A message passing subsystem for software components.
Compas consists of an interface definition language, a message
broker and various logging and test driver tools.
- Corbadr, Logging and test drivers for CORBA programs.
Corbadr consists of a CORBA IDL parser that generates code to tap
data from CORBA components, and a tool to generate CORBA request
in order to facilitate testing of components.
I'm the project admin and sole coder on the free software project
minimalist X Window manager.
C, C++, Ada, Java, Some Perl, sed, sh etc. for system building tasks.
Teamware, Forte/Sun C and C++, purify, Gcc, gdb, make.
Microsoft Visual C, Visual Studio, ClearCase, ClearQuest.
Solaris, Linux, Windows, vxWorks.
My children, skiing, literature, music.
I work two hours a week on our local homework help project and also
some time on our community help center.
Security clearance:||NATO Secret